- 5 Tbs. Olive Tree's Koroneiki extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms, washed well, trimmed, and cut into quarters (or sixths, if large)
- Kosher salt
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced (1-1/2 Tbs.)
- 2 1/2 Tbs. Olive Tree's Sherry Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
Use one tablespoon olive oil to lightly coat the mushroom. Add the mushrooms to a hot 12 inch skillet, season with 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, stir to coat in the oil, then let the mushrooms cook undisturbed until the liquid released by the mushrooms evaporates and they’re deep golden brown, 5 to 7 min. Stir and continue sautéing, stirring occasionally, until most sides are nicely browned, 3 to 5 min. more.
Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic, and cook just to soften it, 15 to 30 seconds. Add the vinegar and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan, until the vinegar evaporates, about 15 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the parsley. Season to taste with more salt, if you like. I let the mushrooms cool to room temperature then finished them with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Transfer to a dish and serve with toothpicks for spearing the mushrooms or a serving spoon for putting on individual plates.
- Recipe courtesy of Denise Lampione