Can food be cheerful? We think so! This Vegetable Orzo Salad shines so bright because it's colorful, light, nutritious and delicious. The Rosemary Olive Oil and toasted pine nuts add a woodsy flavor that blends perfectly with the citrus notes of the White Peach Balsamic Vinegar. Throw in your favorite veggies and protein or keep it as is for a great side dish.
- 1 Roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Rosemary
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup Olive Tree Rosemary Olive Oil plus extra for drizzling
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Tree White Peach Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup orzo
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- 10 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 Ears of grilled corn kernels
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
2. Combine roasted red pepper, chopped rosemary, minced shallot, Rosemary Olive Oil, White Peach Balsamic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
3. Add orzo to boiling water, cook about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and put in large bowl. Drizzle with Rosemary Olive Oil. Toss and allow to cool.
4. Toast nuts in small skillet over low heat until slightly browned and aroma is released, about 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and corn kernels to orzo. Add reserved rosemary vinaigrette. Toss.
6. Divide salad among 4 bowls. Top each salad with 1/4 of the toasted nuts.