The best pesto you will ever eat is a homemade one! It only takes 5 minutes and 5 ingredients. We're not messing with the traditional pesto recipe except to boost the flavor even more with Olive Tree's Basil Olive Oil. When you add the fresh basil, nutty pine nuts and aged parmesan cheese blend, you have something absolutely amazing that can be used in so many ways. Look for a few suggestions below.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Romano or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup Olive Tree Basil Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (or substitute walnuts or pistachios)
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the basil leaves and pine nuts until roughly chopped. Add the garlic and cheese and pulse until well mixed - stopping to scrape down the sides.
- With the lid on, slowly drizzle the olive in while the processor is continually chopping.
- Add fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
Ways to Use Fresh Pesto:
- Stir it into a frittata for a great brunch dish
- Serve with pasta and simply add a bit of Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Add to any baked/broiled or grilled fish while it rests
- Add to roasted vegetables after they have roasted
- Stir into sauces or soups
- Spread on sliced baguette
- Top sliced broiled tomatoes with a dollop