Blueberry pancakes are such a classic family breakfast. We've kicked up the flavor, freshness and the fluffiness with these Lemon Olive Oil Pancakes made with our Meyer Lemon Olive Oil then we cover them in a Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar. It's a simple and straightforward breakfast that it will soon be your weekend go-to.
- 1 ½ cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup water
- ½ – ¾ cup sugar (depending on sweetness of berries)
- 4 TBS Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TBS cornstarch plus 2 TBS water
- In a small sauce pan, heat the blueberries, water, sugar, and Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar until boiling. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Make a slurry (semi-liquid mixture) with the cornstarch and 2 TBS of water.
- Add cornstarch mixture to blueberries and cook approximately 1 minute, until the mixture reaches a syrupy consistency. Be sure not to boil.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 TBS sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- In a medium-mixing bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest together.
- In a separate bowl whisk the milk, egg, and EVOO until well combined.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Grease lightly with oil.
- Add ¼ cup of batter to pan, cook pancake until it starts to bubble on top and is lightly browned on the bottom, flip and cook the other side
- Repeat with remaining batter.