This is a beautiful appetizer which tastes as good as it looks!!
- 1 (11-16 oz) log fresh goat cheese, sliced into rounds
- 2 Tbl. freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ c. finely chopped, drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp. minced capers
- 1 Tbl. coarsely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- 6 small rosemary sprigs
- 1 Cup Olive Tree Meyer Lemon extra-virgin olive oil
In shallow dish such as a quiche dish, arrange the rounds of goat cheese in one layer. Don’t worry if some of the pieces crumble; just tuck them into the dish. Sprinkle the lemon zest, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and thyme over the cheese. Sprinkle a little sea salt (Himalayan is great if you have it) or kosher salt over the cheese, and tuck the rosemary sprigs into the dish. Pour the olive oil over the cheese so that if just covers it (use a little more if necessary). Let the cheese marinate in the refrigerator for several hours. Bring the dish to room temperature (about 45 minutes) before serving. Serve with toasted baguette slices or good quality crackers.
Recipe Courtesy of Ann Lund, Dining in Style