This Fig Summer Salad recipe is the perfect celebration of in-season figs, and a versatile dish that could be served as a main course for a smaller meal, a side dish for dinner, or an appetizer. We hope you enjoy this tasty salad that's so delicious you won't even know it's healthy for you!
- 1 tbsp fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp garlic olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash, roasted with salt pepper and garlic olive oil
- 4-6 pieces of bacon, glazed with 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh figs, quartered
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 5 cups of spinach and arugula
- Place bacon onto a foil lined baking sheet, brushing on balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
- Cook until crispy about 10-12 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
- Roast cubed butternut squash tossed in garlic olive oil and salt and pepper for about 20-22 minutes until browning begins, on a separate baking sheet.
- While squash and bacon cool after cooking begin on your vinaigrette by whisking garlic olive oil into balsamic vinegar and finely diced shallot.
- Add in the base of the salad, in this case arugula and spinach.
- And then add remaining ingredients; squash, bacon, figs, pomegranate seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Toss everything together