The perfect way to kick off your weekend morning is with a light and delicious batch of crepes. Using Olive Tree's Blood Orange Olive Oil in the crepe batter and Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar in the filling added an amazing burst of flavor!
1 cup all purpose four
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons Olive Tree Blood Orange Olive Oil
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3 teaspoons Olive Tree Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
Strawberries and Blueberries
1. Place all of the crepe ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Then put it in the refrigerator to sit for about an hour to let the bubbles relax.
2. While the batter is resting, prepare the filling.
3. In a small bowl using a hand mixer, whip the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and balsamic vinegar together until creamy.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-low and brush a little olive oil on it. Use a non-stick skillet with slanted sides so that you can easily get under the crepe to flip it.
8-inch pan – slightly under 1/4 cup of batter
10-inch pan – about 1/4 cup of batter
12-inch pan – about 1/3 cup of batter
5. Pour the batter into the hot pan, tilting and swirling the pan to spread the batter into a thin layer. Cook on one side until you see bubbles start to form in the top. Flip over with a spatula to cook the other side, about 30 seconds until lightly browned.
6. To serve, spoon about 2 tablespoons of the filling into each crepe. Then either roll the crepe up into small cigars or fold the crepe in half or into fourths. Add the fruit inside with the filling or use as a garnish on top.