A decadent dessert starring one of the falls favorite fruits. To add a bit of color, add a handful of cranberries to the pear mixture.
- 6 bartlett pears - cored and cut into cubes or thin slices
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- Optional for serving: vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Set aside an 8×8 square baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the pears in the lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the pears and toss to coat, pour into the baking dish.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, add the 4 tablespoons of butter. Heat until the butter foams then begins to brown and become speckled (about 3-5 minutes), whisking every so often. Pour into the bowl with the topping ingredients and mix until crumbles form. Sprinkle over the filling.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the pears are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream!