Mindy is sharing her pairing of the month with us...basil olive oil and strawberry balsamic. Her favorite way to use it is as the vinaigrette on asparagus prosciutto rolls -- and they are so easy! See full recipe here and be sure to let us know how it is (or if you have a different twist on this delicious dish)!
- 3 Tablespoons Basil Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Strawberry Balsamic
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Chives
- 3 thin slices Prosciutto
- 3 Tablespoons Cream Cheese or Goat Cheese
- 18 stalks asparagus, blanched
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Combine the Basil Olive Oil, Balsamic, Mustard, and Garlic in a bowl; whisk well. Stir in the Chives and Salt and Pepper. Spread each piece of Prosciutto with 1/2 tablespoon of cheese. Roll 3 stalks of Asparagus in each half of Prosciutto. Top with Vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature.