These 5-Ingredient Brownies are so simple…the hardest part is waiting the 30 minutes while they bake. And because we use our Blood Orange Olive Oil, they are perfectly gooey and fudgy with a wonderfully citrus note in every bite.
5-Ingredient Blood Orange Brownies
¾ cup Olive Tree Blood Orange Olive Oil
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
Optional - a splash of vanilla and a pinch of salt!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Stir together the Blood Orange Olive Oil and sugar - you can use a mixer if desired, but it's not really necessary in this recipe!
- Stir in the eggs, 2 at a time. Add the flour and cocoa powder, and stir until you have a smooth chocolate batter! (Add the vanilla and salt here, if using, and stir.)
- Pour the batter into your baking dish and bake for 35-38 minutes. The top will look set, and a toothpick inserted will have moist crumbs on it, but it shouldn't have runny batter.
- Store brownies in an airtight container at room temp for up to 5 days, or in the fridge for about a week.
- If you want to serve these and have them hold their shape, as usual, you need to let them fully cool before cutting into them! If not, dig in!
- To help speed the cooling process, you can fill a larger baking dish with ice cubes and a little cold water. Set the baking dish with the brownies inside the ice-filled baking dish (make sure that the water won't come up over the sides into the brownie pan) and let cool that way.
- Don't use an 8x8 pan - there is too much batter in this recipe for a smaller pan and it may spill over.
Ways To Dress Up These Brownies:
- Chopped nuts – walnuts, pecans, etc.
- Semi-sweet or milk chocolate chunks
- Leftover chopped candy (Reese’s cups, Halloween/ Christmas/ Valentine’s/ Easter chocolate)
- White or semi sweet chocolate chips
- Caramel Baking chips
- Chocolate cream cheese frosting
Adapted from BlueBowlRecipes.com