Jasper's Spring Pea and Limoncello Soup
- 1 pound fresh or frozen spring peas
- 1 cup minced spring onion
- 1/2 cup fine minced carrots
- 1/4 cup Olive Tree's Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup limoncello
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- Drizzle of Olive Tree's Jalapeno Olive Oil
In a large pot over medium heat sauté onion and carrots in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add spring peas and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add lemon cello and stir. Reduce pan with chicken broth. Season with cracked pepper, sea salt and tarragon. Place soup in the blender, cool and chill.
Serve chilled with fresh chives on top as garnish and a drizzle of Jalapeno Olive Oil. Serve with crostini.