This Spinach Salad with Warm Maple Balsamic and Bacon Vinaigrette is the stuff dreams are made of…sweet and salty with a perfect blend of bacon and maple flavors. Totally crave-worthy. We start with our Maple Balsamic Vinegar for richness and flavor. Add a small amount of crumbled bacon to keep the saturated fat in check. Throw in some shallots and mix it with our Tuscan Blend Olive Oil and you have a flavor that is completely over-the-top maximized.
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Tree Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon style mustard
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Tree Tuscan Blend Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced shallots
- ½ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked to a crisp and finely crumbled
- 2 quarts young spinach leaves, stems removed, washed
Place spinach in a serving bowl.
Place the Maple Balsamic, half the crumbled bacon, red wine vinegar, salt, half the shallots, pepper, and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Gently warm while whisking – remove from heat before it reaches a simmer.
Allow to cool for a minute, and then whisk in the Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil to emulsify.
Gently dress spinach with warm vinaigrette and top with remaining crumbled bacon and shallot.