Spicy Spinach Linguine May 30 2018, 0 Comments
4-6 Side Dish Servings
- 12 ounces spinach linguine
- 6 tablespoons Olive Tree's Arbequina extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups grated Pecorino Romano cheese, divided
Cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid. Return pasta to same pot.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup basil, garlic, and crushed red pepper; stir 1 minute. Add wine and boil until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Add mixture from skillet, remaining 1/2 cup basil, and 3/4 cup cheese to pasta. Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved pasta liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.