Pomegranate Glazed Chicken May 30 2018, 0 Comments
- 3/4 cup POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice or Juice from 2-3 large pomegranates
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 cup chicken broth, as needed
- 1/4 cup Olive Tree Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garnish 1/2 cup arils or more from 1 large pomegranate
- Prepare garnish - cut top about 1/2” from the crown. Score (cut) along the white lines of the membrane. Gently pull apart the fresh pomegranate sections and break open the pomegranate underwater to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the white membrane will float to the top. With a spoon remove the white membrane then sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reverse 1/3 cup of arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- In a large nonstick skillet; brown chicken pieces in batches for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- In a measuring cup combine the pomegranate juice, vinegar, cornstarch, brown sugar and seasonings. Pour into pan and bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 2 minutes. Can thin with chicken broth if desired.
- To serve: Drizzle some of the sauce over chicken; garnish with reserved arils.
For 1 cup of juice, cut 2-3 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
~Courtesy of Nanci Hirschorn