These are like soft little pillows of lemony goodness -- made possible in only 25 minutes! Our Meyer Lemon Olive Oil really puts the lemon flavor over the top, making it pop in your mouth. And with a hint of rosemary for the holidays, your everyday lemon cookies get a flavorful boost!
Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes: about 30 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Olive Tree Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the sugar, Olive Tree Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, lemon zest and rosemary until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients. Beating until combined.
- Roll cookies into tablespoon-sized balls, placing them on the baking sheet about 1-inch apart. Sprinkle each cookie with a bit of sugar.
- Bake for 11 – 13 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the sheet to cool for a few minutes before transferring cookies to a cooling rack.