Lose the hard work but not the flavor with these 5-ingredient baby back ribs! When 3 of the ingredients include our jalapeno olive oil, blackberry balsamic vinegar and Tuscany Blend spice, your job is pretty dang easy. Marinating it overnight then cooking it in the oven created such tender, juicy meat. If the thought of making your own ribs is daunting, this is the way to go!
5 Ingredients:3 pounds pork baby back ribs
2 tbsp Olive Tree Jalapeno Olive Oil
3 tbsp Olive Tree Tuscan Blend Spice
2 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp Olive Tree Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Remove the membrane. Use a small knife or spoon to lift up one end of the skin membrane from the bone-side of the ribs and then using a paper towel and your fingers pull it off. Pat the ribs dry with paper. It’s not hard but is slippery. If you haven’t done this before, you might watch a You-Tube video to help.
- Place the ribs into a pan. Brush the olive oil on all sides then rub the spice until all sides of the ribs are coated.
- Wrap the ribs tightly in aluminum foil and allow the ribs to rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the ribs from the refrigerator at least an hour before you are ready to start cooking them.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Bake covered ribs in the preheated oven for 3 hours.
- Add the honey and vinegar into a saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Season the sauce with salt & pepper to taste and set aside.
- Take the ribs out of the oven and increase the oven temperature to 350°F. Uncover the ribs and arrange the ribs bone-side down. Brush the ribs with half of the blackberry glaze. Return the ribs to the oven uncovered and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the ribs and brush them with the remaining blackberry glaze. Bake for 15 more minutes. Remove ribs from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Adapted from YepRecipes.