Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half or quartered depending on size
- 3 ounces pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (Olive Tree Blend recommended)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Olive Tree balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the hard ends of the Brussels sprouts. Cut them in half. If larger sprouts, cut them quarters.
- Mix sprouts in a bowl with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan (don’t crowd them, use 2 pans if making a double batch) and roast for 25 to 35 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. You should have some brown charred parts around the edges….I like mine reeeeeealy chared) Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt if desired ...I usually desire;).
- You can now drizzle them with a bit of balsamic…heaven!
- Sub bacon for pancetta as an option
- This recipe can be made up to "tossing with olive oil" 2 days before. Keep the prepped ingredients in the refrigerator until ready to roast.
- Add dried cranberries or nuts after the sprouts are roasted for a fun seasonal additional.
- Leftovers are great in pasta or omelets.